Innerloc shape shifter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Innerloc shape shifter

Postby mchurch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 am

I have been shooting the innerloc shape shifter out of my excalibur matrix bulldog 400 with excellent accuracy. I have tested then to 60 yards. Has anyone else tried them?
Excalibur Matrix Bulldog 400
Single stage trigger tech
Hawke Xb 30 pro sr ir
18 inch Black eagle zombie slayers, spynal tapps
Grim reaper carni four, G5 havoc, Qad exodus, excalibur x act
mchurch

Re: Innerloc shape shifter

Postby nchunterkw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 pm

I just looked at the website....looks pretty interesting. I'm sure it will shoot well as it looks like a field point, so no surprises there. I was not a fan of the bullet hole entry hole on the football they show in their video, though. Means blades don't open until they are inside the animal. But I'm a fixed blade fan....
Keith
"Remember...always drink upstream from the herd."

Micro, Vortex
RamCat, Slick Trick, Magnus
Black Eagle Executioners & Zombies, Easton FMJs
2" Trueflight Feathers, DeerBoyArchery Strings
deerboyarchery@gmail.com
<{{{><
nchunterkw

Postby L. E. Carroll » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:09 pm

I just watched the promo ...

I have a question. :?

Following deployment of the blades after the clear covering breaks on impact.... then what? :roll: Do they make available new clear covers for the broadheads so they can be shot again after some type of sharpening or new blades can or will be attached ? Nothing was mentioned covering their use after the first shot is taken..... I would imagine actual practice with one before heading out to hunt would cause it to no longer be usable? :oops:

Or is this designed to be a "One Time" Broadhead ? :?

That possibly being the case? Being retired and on a limited income, I would pass on Disposable Broadheads. :roll:

I'm not real experienced with mechanical broadheads and feel they are possibly very suitable on deer size animals with their lighter bone structure. :wink: However, since Elk is my favorite game animal and the fact that there bones including ribs are way wider and thicker than those on a deer, I would pass on them in favor of a good stout, sharp, fixed blade broadhead. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 335 gen. ll " XB30 SR Pro, TT
Camo Matrix 350 SE Leupold Crossbones
Camo Matrix 380 & XB30 SR Pro, w/Boo Trigger
all w/Camo Munch mounts
Sweet 44 yr. old 73 Bronco
4x4 Tundra
Scamp tralier
L. E. Carroll

Postby mchurch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:00 pm

You can buy more of the clear covers and more blades. The clear covers is single use. I am also not a fan of the bullet hole entry wound. Here in California shots on wild pigs can be really unpredictable. I have had shots at 25 to 55 yards depending how the stalk goes. There are also strong crosswinds to deal with.
Excalibur Matrix Bulldog 400
Single stage trigger tech
Hawke Xb 30 pro sr ir
18 inch Black eagle zombie slayers, spynal tapps
Grim reaper carni four, G5 havoc, Qad exodus, excalibur x act
mchurch

Return to Crossbow Hunting