installing illumiknock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

steelhead51

installing illumiknock

Post by steelhead51 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:39 pm

How hard is it to install illumiknock ,some say heat field point with lighter, some say hand torch etc. does it take much heat? a little nervous on these firebolts rather pricey to mess them up

Normous

Re: installing illumiknock

Post by Normous » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:43 pm

They way I read it you are trying to remove the rear insert first.

Yes, use a steel fieldpoint screwed into the rear insert and heat it as needed with a lighter or torch on low, use just enough heat to melt the rear insert glue, you must judge in steps just how much heat is required, work in small steps just add more heat if required till glue adhesion softens. Go slow and try pulling the insert out.

Use vise grips to twist and pull the factory aluminum insert out.

If you have a round mini file you can sand out any residual glue from the shaft end, sandpaper around a drill bit will work too. Clean with alcohol when done.

Insert the Lumenok with firm thumb pressure. If too much resistance in noticed just use a sharp blade and shave one of the four slightly raised edges on the lower Lumenok being careful not to nick one of the two very small metal contact points at the junction between the upper and lower part of the Lumenok.

Come back with any questions that you may have.
EXCALFFLICTION Since 1991 ->>------------> 2017
Matrix Blackout 405 & 355 for Her
Kustom Krug Micro 355
Leupold VX-R 2-7 Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

steelhead51

Post by steelhead51 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks this sums it up better for me, putting the knock in. I got the steps down now.

steelhead51

Post by steelhead51 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Ok tried about everything still cant get inserts out of set of brand new firebolts heated field point to the point it was cherry red still not able to loosen. think I,ll just order a half dozen with lumiknocks all ready installed head ache solved.